When you become so involved in the excitement of joining the bingo community, tips may be the last thing you’ll think about. But remembering these basic guidelines won’t diminish the fun of the game and they may actually help turn the chance of winning to your side as well.
- The most important gambling rule applies to Bingo too: Only play with money you can afford to lose. In other words, don’t use your savings, emergency funds or money used for daily expenses. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Be organized. Get to the bingo hall early so you don’t cram when they game starts. This gives you enough time to buy card and arrange them. Bingo halls normally give a printed program of the games played that day so get what you need beforehand — snacks, drinks, daubers etc. Then, you’re ready to play.
- If you are playing multiple cards, there are a couple of contradicting suggestions you can adhere to. One suggestion is that you make sure that the cards don’t contain many of the same numbers. This way, you have a better chance of each number being called fitting in one of cards. The other suggest you choose cards with similar numbers on them. The theory is that if a number matches one card then you can mark off several, improving your chances on each. Pick the strategy that matches your play the best and know that many seasoned bingo players consider 6 to be the optimum number of cards to play.
- Join games with smaller payoffs. For the best chances to win more often, try to schedule your bingo games for weeknights instead of weekends. With fewer bingo players means fewer bingo cards in play and that means a better chance of winning for you.
- It’s not true that more cards wins more chances of winning. Play only as many as you can manage, too many cards can actually harm your odds. Keep a close eye on the numbers to make sure you don’t miss one, and the more cards you play, the higher the chance to err.
- If you are playing online, make sure you are playing with a reputable online bingo site. It all goes smoothly when paying for your cards and then being successful in your games but if process gets more complex when it’s time for payout, then you could easily be out of pocket.
- Be on the lookout for signup bonuses. Many bingo sites offer very generous sign-up bonuses which can go up to 200% on your first deposit.
- Lastly, have fun! Never underestimate the power of positive attitude and if you’re on a cold streak find another bingo site.